- A Closer Vision, A Fresher View -
A Basic Photography Course: if you already own a camera or is thinking of buying a DSLR, have you considered how many pictures you would capture in your active life-time? And how many of them you wished have been taken well? After the first fifteen minutes in our class, you would learn a new perspective in evaluating images. Fred and BH would take you through step-by-step, in getting to know your camera and grounding you with the basics of photography. At the end of the course, you should be able to capture sharp, properly exposed and well composed images. Something that you would be proud to keep and share.
The class size is kept small and informal for better interaction. Although the course is structured, we are flexible and participants are invited to join class outings for six months to further horn their skill. At the end of the course, each participant will receive a mounted A5-print of his/her best image.
Objective: To equip the beginner with a basic knowledge and skill to take good photograph on a consistent basis. The course emphasises on a strong understanding of fundamentals and reinforces the learning by specially designed assignments.
- Designed for the adult learner and flexible schedule
- Small class size with two experienced photographers
- Structured lesson plan
- Use of DSLRs strongly recommended for maximum effectiveness
- Nikon accessories available for loan
- Colour Course Manual with assignments.
- Basic photography equipment
- Exposure basics
- Depth of Field (DoF)
- Metering & Compensation
- Electronic flash
- Composition techniques
- Basic digital editing (PhotoShop Elements 6.0)
Duration: 15 hours in six sessions.
Fee: S$230.00 per student
Participants are expected to be equipped with the following:
- Basic - A DSLR body with suitable lenses (between 18m and 120mm) and tripod.
- Optional - electronc flash.
- Three indoors sessions and three field trips with assignments. Image critique and discussion.
- The course schedule is quite flexible; three indoor sessions (on either Wednesday or Thursday evenings), 1930hrs. - 2130hrs. and three field trips; every Saturdays (0800hrs.- 1100hrs.) at selected locations in Singapore. If followed continuously, the course can be completed in three weeks; every Wednesday (or Thursday) and Saturday. Please email Fred and BH to confirm a date for the first session.